Sunday 13 January 2013

My hair deserves locs

So I did it yesterday and I love them. Yes they cut my hair boy did they cut it it was more than I could deal with seeing but less than I thought they would cut I still have a generous length it's not that big chop length. So after the mini chop she washed it and boy did she anyone would think I've never washed my hair EVER. After the scalp annihilation she then trimmed more I was like enough already leave me with something. Then the coiling begun I was asked the size I wanted and I was hell bent from day 1 I wanted small locs there was a big discussion about the size of the base affects how long you can grow them etc etc but I stuck with small and she went to town God knows how many locs I have I will get someone to count them. I was very pleased with the end result as I truly believed I would have small popcorn stubs of hair but I don't.
Today I woke up feeling so free, liberated in the fact never will I abuse my hair with combing, chemicals, stupid products, heat and what not. Now my regime is to oil my hair and scalp couple times a week I can shampoo whenever I want once I bud. While I was having my hair done all the ladies in the salon were asking if it was just a style or starting locs then they all started reminiscing when they made the decision to loc everyone started welling up. Having dreadlocks is a sisterhood I never knew about and I am so glad I am a member honestly my hair deserves locs and I embrace this journey we will go on for as long as it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment